We respect the human rights of all stakeholders and are engaged in various human rights-related initiatives including education and training.
Recognizing that Takara Bio Group may potentially affect the human rights of various stakeholders, including business partners, customers, and local communities, in addition to our employees, through our business activities, we respect human rights as set out in the United Nations International Bill of Human Rights and the International labour Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. This policy applies to all officers and employees of Takara Bio Group. We will also request business partners to support and comply with this policy.
- We will comply with the laws and regulations of each and every country in which we conduct business activities.
- We will respect the diversity, personality, and individuality of all stakeholders, and will not allow any irrational discrimination on the grounds of birth, nationality, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, employment status, hobbies, or educational background, etc.
- We support the right to freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining. Illegal child labor and forced labor are not permitted in domestic and overseas working environments.
- We will establish and operate a whistle-blowing contacts within the Company and at an external third-party organization for reporting violations of laws, regulations, and internal regulations, including this policy. In addition, we will prohibit any disadvantageous treatment of whistleblowers on the basis of such whistleblowing.
- We will extensively convey our Human Rights Policy to our employees and provide ongoing education and training.
We carry out programs to deepen understanding and respect of human rights and cultural diversity (multiculturality) and conduct awareness-raising activities as part of stratified training and compliance training.
We adhere to the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment. To ensure thorough consideration for human rights, we provide our employees involved in hiring with education on human rights using manuals and other materials.
To prevent sexual harassment, power harassment, and other forms of harassment concerning pregnancy, childbirth, child rearing, and care giving, we have established a consultation and complaint office at each workplace, in addition to a Mediation Committee.
We comply with laws concerning personal information and other relevant laws and ordinances, clarify our Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information, and strive to continue enhancing our structure for the protection of personal information.
Establish a structure to identify and evaluate risks to human rights
We will collect information to identify human rights risks of the Group (human rights due diligence) and investigate human rights risks of the entire value chain in which we are involved. We will then create a structure to identify and evaluate human rights risks of the entire Group.
Theme: Respect for Human Rights
Theme: Initiatives to Identify Human Rights Risks