To ensure that our customers can use our products and services safely, we have established a basic policy on quality assurance and work to ensure safety in compliance with that policy.
- The Takara Bio Group provides high quality products and services that fulfill the trust and expectations of customers.
- The Takara Bio Group delivers products and services that are safe and that customers feel sure of.
- The Takara Bio Group complies with laws and regulations.
- The Takara Bio Group ensures the dissemination of this basic policy to each and every officer and employee in the Group and makes its execution certain.
- The Quality Assurance Management Committee is based at the Head Office to ensure the reliability and effectiveness of the company-wide quality assurance system.
- The committee, chaired by the company’s President, determines the company-wide guidelines regarding quality with attendance of Supervisor from Corporate Management Unit, President of each Business Unit, Subsidiaries in charge of Bioindustry Business Unit and Board Member in charge of General Affairs Department.
- Each business division has its own Quality Assurance Committee and ensures the compliance of each business division with the Basic Policy on Quality Assurance.
- Compliance with the Basic Policy on Quality Assurance is also ensured at the Company’s subsidiaries, and subsidiaries establish a quality assurance system that is equivalent to the one at the Company.
- The Quality Assurance Committees assess the status of establishment and operation of the quality assurance system in each business division and provide appropriate guidance and supervision.
Takara Bio and all its major global subsidiaries have acquired ISO certification, and are striving to improve the quality of products and services. We built a GMP/GCTP* compliant quality control system at our Center for Gene and Cell Processing, which provides CDMO services, and have become licensed as a manufacturer/distributor of specific processed cells/regenerative medicine products, pharmaceutical products (drugs, etc.), and in vitro diagnostics. Our lab for gene analysis services and genetic testing is also CAP-LAP certified and licensed as a clinical laboratory.
We will strive to maintain these certifications and licenses, as well as expand the scope of certification as needed.
※GMP: Standard for manufacturing control and quality control for pharmaceutical products
GCTP: Standard for manufacturing control and quality control for regenerative medicine products
Nurturing a quality culture
Senior Executive Ofﬁcer
Pharmaceutical companies and bio venture ﬁrms are working in full swing to develop gene and cell therapy medicines. Takara Bio is specializing in the ﬁeld of regenerative medicine and is proactively developing its CDMO business in such domains as “vector manufacturing”, “cell processing”, and “quality testing”. In conducting CDMO business, it is crucial to maintain and improve quality based on technology. And this cannot be achieved without fostering corporate culture, climate, and the awareness of each individual for the maintenance of quality (quality culture), in addition to putting in place a system for GMP compliance and post-marketing. Aiming to create such quality culture, we have established a “Task Force to Foster Quality Culture, which is continuously advancing its actives through cross-divisional efforts in cooperation with the QMS Promotion Committee.
We believe that a desirable approach towards this is the one in which employees continuously take actions out of their own awareness and sense of responsibility to voluntarily and proactively maintain and enhance quality, and the top management, supervisors, and employees all share the same values with regard to the maintenance and enhancement of quality, based on the values of our company, the “TaKaRa Five Values.” To allow us to continue taking this desirable approach, we are now building a system for quality activities.
As of April, 2023
*1 Scope of the registration
Design, development, manufacture, and sale of research reagents, cell culture media, and scientific instruments
Design, development, manufacturing, and sales of pharmaceutical raw materials
Design, development, and provision of gene engineering / cell engineering research support services and genetic testing support services
Design, development, and provision of contract manufacturing, quality testing, inspection, and storage services for products such as regenerative medicine products, investigational products, and cell processing products
Design, development, manufacturing, and sales of raw materials for in-vitro diagnostic Design, development, manufacturing, and sales of in-vitro diagnostic
* 2 Scope of registration
Design, development, manufacture, and sale of reagents for molecular biology used as raw materials for in-vitro diagnostic
Design, development, manufacturing, and sales of in-vitro diagnostic (virus test kits)
*3 Scope of registration
Design, development, manufacture and sale of molecular biology reagents for in-vitro diagnostic industries
We actively work to publish documents related to product safety. We publish and provide information as appropriate in multiple languages in accordance with laws and regulations, including user manuals, CoA (Certificate of Analysis), SDS (chemical Safety Data Sheet), poisonous and deleterious substance labeling in accordance with the Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law, and LMO (living modified organism) product labeling in accordance with the Cartagena Protocol.
Theme: Ensuring safe quality